Jobs at Virbac : Director Research and Development (R&D) in Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - AquacultureTalent
AquacultureTalent is currently seeking an experienced R&D Director to support the development of company AQUA division, the purpose of this function is to ensure a secured, sustainable and rapid growth of the companies product portfolio in Asia and more globally in warm water aqua segment (Asia, Latin America and Africa) and to develop an activity of innovative new services (diagnostic) in Asia.
AquacultureTalent is currently seeking an experienced R&D Director to support the development of company AQUA division, the purpose of this function is to ensure a secured, sustainable and rapid growth of the companies product portfolio in Asia and more globally in warm water aqua segment (Asia, Latin America and Africa) and to develop an activity of innovative new services (diagnostic) in Asia. The person will be also responsible for managing the Aqua wetlab located in Vietnam.
- Management of Aqua projects development portfolio: ensure a regular workflow of technical data allowing generation and development of products in the global warm water area (Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Pacific )
- Management of experimental animal unit (wetlab) in Vietnam: follow up on the ongoing set up of the wetlab, supervise the local technical team, ensure safety and efficacy trials aiming at assessing the performance of our aqua development product candidates and performing post-license assessments
- Management regional (Asian) Aqua regulatory team: manage the staffing of the team, organize the working project portfolio, lobbying of decision making authorities on a regional basis, monitor the regulatory status and sustainability of company registration portfolio, ensure a robust existing and next to come Aqua portfolio of marketing authorizations
- Management of Diagnostic animal unit in Vietnam: follow up of the ongoing set up of the diagnostic unit locally, manage staffing of the unit, propose, organize and develop the relevant diagnostic services, ensure a state-of-the-art efficient reliable and secured diagnostic service to our aqua customers and to aqua academics in Vietnam and neighboring countries.
- Contribution to the company business development: explore and bring new ideas of potential developments, contribute to developing the company image in warm water (manage key opinion leaders meeting, local lobbying, lectures, publication…)
- Ph.D. or Veterinarian background in aquaculture
- 10+ years of experience Aqua business, in R&D or Regulatory Affairs functions in an international and multicultural context
- Experience in South East of Asia
- Have experience of complex problem solving with the ability to work as a team member or independently
- Have a continuous improvement mindset and always be striving for excellence
- Ability to juggle multiple innovation work streams at once
- A good business orientation that enables you to work in close collaboration with the commercial and marketing teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts in a clear, concise manner
Nice to have
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- Relocation package
- A fantastic remuneration package and bonus