Jobs at AquacultureTalent : Business Development & Procurement Manager in Ningbo, Zhejiang, Kina - AquacultureTalent
A great opportunity for an experienced strategic sourcing professional with in-depth chilled experience.
A great opportunity for an experienced strategic sourcing professional with in-depth chilled experience. Our client is already a success story in the Europe and Singapore, supplying seafood products to leading retailers and food service clients. We are looking for a highly ambitious and driven individual to strengthen the team in preparation for continued expansion in China.
You will need to be a highly accomplished food manufacturing purchasing professional with progressive experience in local sourcing, strategic planning and supplier development. You will need to have category management experience, sourcing and implementing new product lines and be able to ensure the right pricing and promotional support is provided.
- Regular communication and discussion with suppliers of raw material (Tuna and related seafood) and processed product in the Asia region. These suppliers can be fishing companies, processing companies, etc.
- Develop new supply sources/areas by establishing contacts and relationships with new possible suppliers.
- Develop and maintain commercial partnerships and agreements with these suppliers.
- Develop the trading business between company and its clients, and establish new, untapped sales/marketing areas in which to further the business.
- Perform production controls at supplying plants to verify quality and compliance of manufactured products with product requirements.
Requirments and valued aptitudes
- At least five (5) years’ experience at a higher, decision-making level in sourcing/procurement of raw material (Tuna), including a thorough knowledge of the tuna industry in general.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of tuna fishing, tuna processing, tuna marketing and markets, the tuna industry players globally. Particular knowledge of the tuna industry in the Asia region and the fishing area of the Western Pacific Ocean, is necessary.
- Fluent in English (written, spoken), and Chinese as the mother tongue.
- University Degree in Business Management/Administration, Economics, Marketing or similar.
- Valued: A high level of Spanish, written and spoken.
- Valued: Experience in administrative tasks, particularly related to import/export and shipping.
Ideal personality characteristics
- Capacity to work within a team structure, while being capable to work independently and by own initiative.
- Availability to travel on work-related trips.
- Well-developed analytical capabilities, and ability to negotiate and resolve.
- Extrovert personality, likable and dynamic, flexible, methodical.
- Willing and interested in acquiring further knowledge for understanding and advancement: a) of the products handled by the employer b) of information relative to the industry and its development.