Jobs at Alaska Glacier Seafoods : Fish Process Supervisor in Juneau, AK, USA - AquacultureTalent
Are you interested in working in the Alaska fishing industry? If you are a hard worker and enjoy a little bit of adventure, then a job in Alaska’s fishing and processing industry may be perfect for you.
Are you interested in working in the Alaska fishing industry? If you are a hard worker and enjoy a little bit of adventure, then a job in Alaska’s fishing and processing industry may be perfect for you. We are looking for a Fish Process Supervisor.
Responsibilities include monitoring all aspects of production, orders, productivity of crew, weights, glaze, and maintain inventories. Work closely with the Quality Assurance department to make sure all standards are met in production and sanitation. Some duties and responsibilities will overlap with the cold storage butchering team and shipping department. Position reports to the Plant Manager and will assist other departments with all areas of production and personnel as assigned.
Applicants should be ambitious with a strong interest in the seafood industry.
- Oversee production to attain the most efficient and cost effective operation.
- Monitors recoveries, pounds per hour and other processing parameters.
- Supervise and train production lead and processing employees with a crew of 1 to 75 employees.
- Ensure safety of personnel by overseeing the safe use of equipment and by maintaining an accident free workplace.
- Ensure quality and sanitation standards are met.
- Ensure timely ordering of production / packaging supplies.
- Work with the plant manager and corporate sales team to execute the fresh order program.
- Organize and supervise the frozen case up production.
- Maintain all inventories.
- Work with the plant manager, trucking companies and corporate traffic personnel to schedule and implement the shipping of our products.
- Maintain consistent and accurate written documentation.
- Understand and maintain company policy and goals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a supervisory position within the seafood processing industry preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
Nice to have
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterized by great commitment and a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers and the company.
- A competative remuneration package