Jobs at Alaska Glacier Seafoods : Fillet supervisor in Juneau, AK, USA - AquacultureTalent
Are you interested in working in the Alaska fishing industry? If you are a hard worker and enjoy a little bit of adventure, then a job in Alaska’s fishing and processing industry may be perfect for you.
Are you interested in working in the Alaska fishing industry? If you are a hard worker and enjoy a little bit of adventure, then a job in Alaska’s fishing and processing industry may be perfect for you. We are looking for a Fillet Supervisor.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on- one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
- Must be proficient with supervising 50-150 employees.
- Be able to communicate via phone and email with management.
- Able to use Microsoft excel, word, and outlook software.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Able to work 77-126 hours per week depending on production needs.
- Familiar with butchering and fillet machinery.
- Familiar with grading salmon, both fresh and frozen.
- Supervises Production Leads to achieve production, quality, safety, and recovery goals as set forth by the plant manager.
- Manages multiple production lines simultaneously.
- Receives and answers questions from workers pertaining to production processes or equipment operation.
- Monitors and expedites flow of materials within production area and makes adjustments when necessary.
- Notifies maintenance workers of equipment malfunctions.
- Tends or operates machines or equipment on production line to substitute for absentee workers.
- Maintains product workflow records.
- Assures compliance with all safety and production practices.
- Trains workers in equipment operation and in processing and safety procedures.
- Communicates with Supervisors, and other Lead personnel any problems or concerns.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
Nice to have
Has in depth understanding of all aspects of factory operation.
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterized by great commitment and a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers and the company.
- A competative remuneration package