Jobs at Alaska Glacier Seafoods : MAINTENANCE MECHANIC in Juneau, AK, USA - AquacultureTalent
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, gearboxes, hydraulic systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, gearboxes, hydraulic systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties. Responsible for production, quality and food safety relating to all fillet products.
- Inspects food processing machinery on a daily basis as necessary.
- Reviews quality control testing for use in fillet production.
- Works with production managers, baader technicians and QC staff to ensure product specifications are being met.
- Tests and adjusts equipment to meet performance specifications.
- Operates machine(s) to maximize production, quality and recovery of fillet products.
- Reviews workspace for cleanliness and safety.
- May assist in the all loading and unloading operations at the start and end of all trips.
Nice to have
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graph.
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterized by great commitment and a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers and the company.
- A competative remuneration package