Jobs at SouthFresh Aquaculture : Baader Technician in Tuscaloosa, AL, United States - AquacultureTalent
Responsible for the set up and maintenance of the fish heading, gutting and filleting machinery Baader fish heading (166), filleting (184) and skinning (151 & 620) in the factory in order to provide uninterrupted production and maximum fish yield.
Responsible for the set up and maintenance of the fish heading, gutting and filleting machinery Baader fish heading (166), filleting (184) and skinning (151 & 620) in the factory in order to provide uninterrupted production and maximum fish yield. The productivity of the Baader machine depends mainly on correct handling and consistent maintenance.
- Repairs and maintains the Baader electrical systems (includes angle encoder, clock generator, proximity switches, limit switches, step motor and controller).
- Repairs and maintains the mechanical systems of fish filleting machines (includes chain drives, bearings, belt drives, pulleys, back guides, bone guides, step motor belts, gearboxes).
- Trains Baader Machine operating crews in safe and efficient procedures.
- Ensures adequate inventory at all times by tracking the supply of machine replacement parts and placing requisitions as necessary.
- Determines appropriate machine adjustments by communicating with Quality Control regarding product specifications.
- Sets and adjusts the machine’s guides, knives, spike chains and sliding blocks in accordance with operational specifications and safety procedures.
- Completes product recovery tests as necessary making machine adjustments to ensure the desired conversion factors and yield ratios are successfully achieved.
- Makes adjustments to ensure that the desired conversion factors and yield ratios are being successfully achieved.
- Tests the machines to verify step motors and tooling are set up and running in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completes related maintenance documentation which may include machine log books, work orders, test reports, part inventories and part orders.
- Understand and able to implement safe work procedures.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Vessel-specific duties, if applicable, include being capable of boarding and departing the vessel without assistance by walking up or climbing a gangplank, stern ramp and/or a vertical ladder. Must also be able to board/exit from a dock, skiff, or a boat.
Nice to have
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
We encourage you to come and be a part of the Southfresh Aquaculture. Southfresh Aquaculture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.