Jobs at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory : Water Resources Specialist in Boulder, CO, United States - AquacultureTalent
Otak is currently looking to hire a Water Resources Specialist to join our Water and Natural Resources team in our Boulder office.
Otak is currently looking to hire a Water Resources Specialist to join our Water and Natural Resources team in our Boulder office. This entry-level position will support various development initiatives throughout both the Rocky Mountain and Pacific Northwest regions, on projects such as: stream and river restoration, hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analyses, bioengineering, urban stormwater retrofit, stormwater treatment/management, flood hazard mitigation, and infrastructure planning.
This Person Will Be Responsible To
- Work with team members in the collection and analysis of data, perform design calculations, write reports, design drawings and specifications.
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic modelling, utilizing water resources models such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, River 2D, FlowMaster, XP-SWMM, etc.
- Conduct design calculations.
- Support the preparation of design drawings and specifications, design and permitting reports, floodplain and watershed studies, and prepare cost and schedule estimates.
- Support Stormwater/Green Infrastructure design projects.
- Support and participate in client development and proposal activities.
- Collaborate with management or designated team leader to keep parties informed of progress; recognizes problem issues and communicates impact to the team; seeks clarity when necessary
- Must have approximately one (1) or more years of previous experience in water resources, civil engineering, environmental engineering, watershed science, or other related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, water resources, environmental engineering, geomorphology or watershed science is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, GIS, AutoCAD, or MicroStation.
Nice to have
Otak scientists and engineers are highly educated and experienced in the fields of ecology, wetland science, water quality, wildlife biology, fluvial geomorphology, botany, aquatic biology and fisheries. We prepare technical reports that document environmental baseline conditions and fully satisfy regulatory reporting criteria for permitting and compliance requirements at the local, state and federal levels.
We encourage you to come and be a part of the Otak team. Otak is an Equal Opportunity Employer.